Sailor Moon: Revelations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Sailor Moon: Revelations. With War on the Horizon and the future-Queen held prisoner, will the Black Moon Clan triumph? Or will the forces of the White Moon rise from Elysion to take back what is theirs?

I forgot my password

Status
Dates: Post Star City, in the Era of New Nemesis.

Weather: Skies are settling.

Black Moon Status: Those of the Black Moon Clan celebrate their victory, and name Diamond as the new King of Earth. With Serenity in his custody, the princess growing within her, and the Senshi having gone into hiding, their victory has come to pass. They build onto the Castle and create New Nemesis, opening shops and interesting places for their amusement, ready to start their lives anew here on the living planet Earth.

Citizen Status:After the destruction of much of Star City, it seems citizens have three choices laid out before them:
Give in, move into New Nemesis, and live under the rule of the Black Moon Clan.
Hide; stay where they are in Star City, or flee the area altogether, else survive by whatever means necessary until this crisis sorts itself out.
Fight. Join the Resistance, and take back Earth.

White Moon Status:Those of the White Moon, finding themselves surrounded and outnumbered, were transported to Elysion through Helios's powers. Now they plot, trying to find a way to win back the City, and the Earth, without risking their dear friends' life...

Latest topics

» ~ Lunar Eclipse // an anime/manga post-stars sailor moon rp.
by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:44 am

» Are you coming back?
by Prince Endymion Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:01 pm

» Not As We Left It (Rini and the Quartet)
by Sailor Juno Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:25 am

» A short break (Zoisite)
by Kunzite Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:14 am

» The Winds of Change (Sailor Jupiter)
by Peridot Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:16 am

» A Call for Volunteers ((Knights-to-be, Refugees of Elysion))
by Sailor Pluto Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:38 pm

» Michael Miller (Adoptable)
by Sir Ian Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:56 pm

» Leave of Absense thread
by Letrune Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:57 am

» Sailor Juno
by Sailor Juno Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:44 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

SMR Update!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SMR Update!  Empty SMR Update! Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:54 pm

Prince Endymion

Prince Endymion
Admin
Admin

Welcome back to Sailor Moon Revelations!

Summertime is here, and we'd like nothing more than to refresh and move forward with our story! Thank you all for replying to our Activity Check and showing that you, too, would like to move on and start saving/destroying the world! There are a few new site features that we would like to highlight in this newsletter, a poll to draw your attention to, and a battle and awards system we've yet to scratch the surface of, so let's get started!

New Site Feature: Senshi Chat Box

This is the In-Character Senshi Communication Channel. It's what our senshi hear over their communicators, so the girls can talk back and forth between boards, call attention to new happenings, and even call for help in 'real time'. As it does all happen in 'real time', the flow of the RP is really important when using this channel. For example, right now in the RP our senshi are split up in teams of two throughout Broken Star City. Say Jupiter and Mars run into a monster; they can use that channel to call for backup, saying their message in their board and in the communicator to the side. In Neptune's board, she could, in her post, hear and respond to said communicator message and "run off" to help Jupiter and Mars, leaving her board for theirs. Now a little time has to pass, so there could probably be one more post by Jupiter or Mars (or the monster!) before Neptune's RPer could officially respond in their board, but, still, pretty effective, don't you think?

As for now, only Senshi can communicate on that channel, but it is not immune to hacking in the future...

Now! When using this board, make sure to put your Senshi's name, and you can add an icon if you'd like, putting the url of the SMALL image into the 'email/url' box; I've made a few rudimentary ones in this post, along with a summary of pretty much what was said here, and a list of the rules.

I hope you guys find this new little addition as exciting as I do!

New Feature: Awards System!!

Now this is a new feature that I think can be pretty fun, but we need your help!

Almost every senshi has a tiny little icon below their name - a golden crystal for most, though our time-travelling girls have a tiny Pluto's staff replica. They look like the image to the right, just tiny little sprites that, when you hover over them, say something like "Endymion Badge" or "Time Traveler". These are little awards for in-game accomplishments! =D

As of right now, only the senshi have something (the golden crystal both for powering up and for surviving Endymion's wrath in The Golden Awakening, or, for the shitennou, being reborn and surviving him in A Reunion 2000 Years in the Making; he's kind of been an ass so I think your characters deserve something XD; the time staff is for time-travelers, how fun!) but I'd like to get stuff available for Citizens and Black Moon Clan alike! Right now I have badges for surviving senshi attacks, so those Black Moon Clan that find a certain senshi and live to tell the tale will get an award in the shape of that senshi's attack. For Knights, I'm planning on getting them little planetary symbols to show their allegiance to their senshi, and make available a symbol that shows they've attacked a Droid or Black Moon Clan member. For civilians? An award for being invited to Melvin's inner circle, at least, and definitely some for if they happen to find themselves at the mercy of, say, Ruby.

But I'm not so great with coming up with ideas! On the forum the new board, Awards/Badges Ideas will soon be unlocked to discuss just that!

As for the other lines in that screenshot...

New Site Feature:Battle System: Hit Points, Fate Points, and Fate Rolls

This one is a bit of a doozy, so hold on and bear with me! I'll start with the simplest and go to the hardest to really grab onto.

(1)Fate Points: Fate points are points generated by how many posts you have. They are weighted; only posting in RP boards give you any points, because these Fate Points can be spent to change your character's fate within the story. You can earn points, spend points, and donate points; what you can do with them will be discussed later on in this message.

(2)Hit Points: Pretty self-explanatory; every character now has a set number of hit points. To access these hit points, you go to your Profile, hit Character Information, and it's listed on the right hand column under "Current Residence" ((btw; please update this Character Information sheet to reflect new happenings in the RP! The Character Information page is accessible from every post you make by clicking on the link under your avatar and is there to be helpful to people who are new with your character or might have forgotten public verses private information about your character; the public side is the left-hand info ((everyone knows that stuff (except history))), the private side is the right ((you need to befriend that person before knowing that info)). Your number of hit points is decided by your rank and position within separate hierarchies, with Kings/Queens/Princes having the highest, Senshi and high ranking Black Moon Clan members after, then Knights and lesser Clan members, then droids, then civilians. Citizens can increase their hit points by purchasing stuff like body armor using fate points.

(3)Battle System and Fate Rolls: Oh my goodness, are you in for a surprise. We have started using Fate Rolls to determine the course of battles! Fate rolls are random die rolls determined in-post; so, for example, if you are in a battle and want to hit the character, rather than godmod and say you hit them, you would roll our “Did I Hit It?” die and see what happens. Then your opponent would use your response to roll their own die; for example, say your response was “Direct Hit!”; your opponent would then roll “Damage – Direct Hit” and see how many hitpoints are taken away from their character (or see if a limb was disabled!). In this fashion, there is no room to godmod; it’s all by the luck of the roll.
But, if your luck happened to run sour and you really wanted to change your Fate, you can exchange Fate Points to change what happened! Nifty, right?

I’ve made a full Tutorial about our battle system and it’s now open for viewing; an entire battle happened in there between Sailor Mercury and a droid she runs into while scouting Downtown. You’ll see how Escaping works, how damage is dealt, what that damage does to your hitpoints, and how you could heal your hitpoints while in battle. Below are some screen-shots of the actions!

(4)Skills and Abilities: This section is still being worked on, but some characters will have special abilities based on their canonical actions. For example, Sailor Moon would have been able to heal people were she not evil; now her daughter, Sailor Mini Moon, will gain that ability. Sailor Mercury’s Mercury Bubbles Blast gives her advantages in escaping and/or avoiding attacks so long as the attack is in effect. Prince Endymion’s Rose Throw can aid in escape, or throw off an enemy’s attack if it were aimed at an ally. Sailor Venus’s Love Chain Encircle can render an enemy motionless until they break out, damaging them (with “Just a scratch!” damage) the whole time. These are just a few that we’re discussing; skills and abilities will affect fate rolls, and they’re not just for Senshi and Senshi allies. The Dark Moon Clan will get their own (Such as “Mind Control” and “Teleportation”) and even citizens can gain a few; we’ll be discussing the mechanics in future updates, and on the forum!

How exciting, right?! There is a board in Central Control reviewing this information dedicated to answering questions, because I know it's a little complicated at first!

Member Opinion!

We've made a few changes to the layout of the forum, expanding sections so all boards are visible (and thus any new replies are easily visible), but we wonder about aesthetics; we're also wondering about the current style (images and colors), and any boards you think could be eliminated or combined to make the Forum a little more compact or easy to navigate. We are making organizational changes: for example, moving all technical talk to Central Control, all newbie information to the Guest area (and global announcing it), and considering combining OOC boards to make the forums really RP centric so we don't accidentally alienate potential members with too much information on one page. We'd love to hear from you about these topics and more! Watch for the polls and member forums in the OOC Talk board!

Thanks for reading, and we'll see you soon on Sailor Moon:Revelations.

--Queen Serenity and Prince Endymion

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum